I feel like mental health can be such a fancy phrase sometimes while all it truly is about is how you feel, your mood and whether you can be productive thanks to your mood. Even people who do not have mental illnesses should take care of their mental health.
When you have a lot on your mind and feel sad, it can affect your life. Your grades could get worse, you can unintentionally be mean to people you didn’t want to hurt and so on. Which is why taking care of yourself is important. And I am not talking about face masks and bath bombs. They can be a great way of self care but I am talking about the real stuff.
- Surround yourself with people who are positive, who make you feel good about yourself and cut out the ones who bring you down or make fun of you.
- Do the things you love and do them often.
- Do not do things because other people told you to. Choose your own school, hobbies, friends.
- Decide for yourself which subjects you like and which you don’t. It is totally okay to not be great at everything.
- Find something you are absolutely passionate about. (I got a lot of those.)
- Exercise and eat good foods. – Not everyone wants to do this but I swear it makes a big difference actually.
- Try to be positive. Mindset is everything. Find the good in the bad and if you can’t. That is okay, too. We have good days and bad days as well.
- You have the power to change your reality. You don’t have to be in this position.
This is all I got. They are more like life lesson kinda tips but I feel like if I were not that great mentally, this would help me. I just hope you are going to be okay. Take care.